Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Crazy Dayz & D9P

Hello everyone....I am hanging in here and trying to keep my girls in some sort of normalcy. Our household life has changed over the past handful of weeks. Without going in to detail, my husband has decided to move out and isn't sure if he will be back or not. It has been hard, is still hard, but the days seem to be getting better? not sure if that's the right word, but the girls and I are slowly figuring things out.

Anyway, with that said, I haven't been down in the sewing room much lately at all. My sister, Summer, has a friend that go married a week ago and she made them a quilt. So for the past few weeks, she has come over and gotten be down in the sewing room to help her get it put together. It was good therapy for me, just wish I could get down there a little more often on my own. Maybe one day I'll be able to again. We will be moving back into our old house the first part of December and then this little baby boy will be arriving a few weeks later. So it may not actually happen, on a regular basis anyway, for a few months.

Here is the finished quilt all rolled up and ready to be gifted.

Here it is draped over the back of the couch.

We used 3 of the colors for the binding and I think it turned out super cute. We did a disappearing 9-patch pattern and added a couple of plain borders. There is just an all over meander stitch for the quilting. The couple loved it and told my sister "it looks professional." :c)
Happy Sewing!

7 comments:

Sherry said...

OH, Sweetie! My heart goes out to you and your daughters and that little baby boy.

I don't know what else to say, unless...you want a SUV full of Texas women to come up there to talk some sense into him? We can call it a "quilting retreat" and come armed will all sorts of sharp objects! ;o)

elsie123 said...

Of course you realize Sherry just got a new car and wants an excuse for a road trip, but yes, I'll be one of the Texas women in the car along with her. He'll have a better understanding of "don't mess with Texas"! You take care of yourself, and know you're strong enough to handle whatever comes your way.

erma said...

Mikol your quilt is lovely. Hope things get better for you soon. Sherry and Elsie don't forget me I will be waiting for you.

Sherry said...

My new Tahoe has seating for 9! Plenty of room still!

Mikol said...

Ladies, I would love for you all to come for a visit. Wouldn't that be fun. I do have more than enough room at this house, the girls and I are moving back into our other house in December, but there would still be enough room, just a little cozier. :c)

shawkl said...

Hey! Count me in! I'm up for a little physical activity...
Mikol, so sorry you are going through a rough time. Those lovely girls and the new little "man" will get you through it! Squeeze all the love out of them in lot's of hugs...and fill you heart up again. Hang in there, and know that we are here if you need us!

Kathy

Lois said...

I'm sending Thanksgiving greetings to you, Mikol and to your gals. Enjoy a nice day with family and friends. And, soon we will "meet" your little man. Chanlady